Kami nominated me for a Liebster blogging award. I think it’s an opportunity to share smaller blogs (200 followers or less) and open the blogging community up. If you like my blog, maybe you’ll like the 11 that I nominate below and hopefully you’ll check them out, too. If I have any vistors from Kami’s blog, welcome!
The Rules for this award:
- Share 11 facts about myself
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award
- Create 11 questions for nominees to answer
- Link back to the person who nominated you
11 Randoms About Me:
1.I pray anytime I get in the car.
2. The only time I’m on time is when I’m going to the movies.
3. I love cool drinking glasses. Margarita glasses, wine glasses, champagne flutes, etc. Who says pretty glasses can’t be used for cider..or soda for that matter?! :)
4. I love writing test questions and word problems.
5. I usually don’t sleep for more than six hours straight. Even if I’m able to, I can go back to sleep but I always wake up between the 5th and 6th hour. Annoying!
6. If I had to pick one meal to eat for the rest of my life it would probably be mandarin chicken and fried rice. I seriously doubt I would get sick of it even.
7. I prefer frozen yogurt to ice cream (I’ve given up dairy for the time being though :( )
8. One of the best coffee/hot chocolate dates I ever had was with a classmate of mine this last semester. We met to discuss our paper and then she gave me a math problem that she gives her middle school students and she used questions to prompt me along as I solved it. I was so engrossed in the whole thing. I seriously could have sat there for hours with her giving me problems and showing me how she would approach it with me if I were her student based on what my initial instincts were. I was practicing math (my favorite) and also getting a teaching lesson.
9. I’m obsessive about many things, including a daily use of Q-Tips. I’ve heard this is bad for your ears and I’m pretty sure that’s an accurate statement. However, I am addicted to using Q-Tips while blow drying my hair.
10. I would rather sweat than shiver any day!
11. In the wintertime I que up Frasier episodes and cruise through them like nobody’s business. While I’m cleaning, blogging, or cooking. Frasier is like comfort food…hilarious comfort food.
My 11 Questions to Answer:
1. What is your #1 thing that you splurge on?
This used to be easy because it was my hair. I religiously got my hair cut at quite a spendy price. I miss Troy like nobody’s business. Now I’d have to say jeans. I have 3 pairs of Silver jeans. Never saw that happening, but I love them. I can only fit in my size in two styles because of my thick legs, but they feel/look good on me. At least I think so, so they’ve been worth the extra money. (If anyone knows a good hairdresser—preferably male (I’m a bit sexist) please pass the name on to me!)
2. What makes you the most happy?
Cliche though it may be…my marriage. Zach, our home, our life together, even our dog (he’s part of us, too).
3. What is something you wish you could learn?
Ha! The most loaded question ever. I wish I could learn to not care what other people think about me. I wish I could learn to not feel guilty. I wish I could learn to not worry.
4. What is your biggest regret?
I regret anytime I let someone allow me to second guess myself. Whether she was a complete stranger or a person I love/d dearly. I regret allowing criticism of me to hurt me. I recently just realized how often I do this and how much it affects me. I went to a get-together the other night and people were laughing at me. They thought I was funny! I made a comment about something and someone told me I had a good outlook on life. How long I’ve let the opinion of other affect how I view myself. I just told Zach after that get together and said, “I feel like I’m coming out of an abusive relationship…it’s been me versus me+anyone who ever felt they had the right to criticize me.
5. What is your biggest struggle?
It’s a tie between body image and learning to be patient/forgiving of myself. I will go with my goal for the year because it encompasses both. I struggle with feeling beautiful among beauty…whether outward or inward.
6. What are you really good at?
Finding the good in others or in a situation that may be difficult or trying.
Also, I’m an excellent recipe finder! :)
7. If you were a celebrity who would it be?
I honestly don’t know. I haven’t thought much about it. Personality wise I see myself somewhere as a ridiculous cross between Kate Middleton and Pink. I don’t know who I really am most like, but both extreme parts of myself are much like those two and I think crossing them would probably give you a good dose of me. Minus the money and body.
8. If you could have one do-over what would it be and what would you do?
I can answer this one without a thought. I wouldn’t have gone Christmas shopping and instead I would have run to Walmart and bought my grandma some grape juice, brought it back to her, and watched television with her in her hospital room the day before she passed away.
9. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Is it unhealthy that I have like 3 versions of myself and trying to choose one just stresses me out?
So I’ll pick some characterstics from each version and present you with it.
-Continuing education, always. -Choosing happiness, gratitude – Healthy -Confident -Spiritual -More giving/thoughtful -Financial Security -Order in my home and life
The common denominator in all three versions: I’m a mom.
10. On a scale of 1-5 how confident are you in yourself?
Work in progress. 3.7-4.2.
11. Name an experience that was life changing for you?
There are many: my marriage and the loss of any of my three grandparents come to mind first. But my pregnancy/pregnancy loss changed me in ways that I didn’t know I could be changed. It transformed my heart, my perspective, and it hurt in a way that no broken heart ever could. It was the time I felt so removed from my role as a daughter of God yet I felt closest to my family members pulling for me on the other side. I felt punished and buoyed at the same time. It was a horribly painful yet spiritual experience. It taught me a lot about myself, a lot about my husband, a lot about love, and a lot about our Heavenly Father’s plan.
Below you will find my nominees. If you are nominated, I’d love to hear your answers. However, if this isn’t your thing, I totally get it. No hurt feelings if you don’t play along.
Readers, check out these nominees!
* Rachel (set to private)
And of course, don’t forget to check out Kami’s blog.
My 11 Questions for My Nominees:
1.What’s one question you wish you could ask every person you meet and get an honest answer?
2. What item causes you to struggle the most with sticking to your budget?
3. What does success mean to you? Has your definition of success changed over time? If so, explain.
4. If you were asked to present on a topic to a group of people, which topic would you choose and why?
5. What is your favorite board/card game?
6. What’s the wildest thing you’ve ever done? Would you do it again?
7. Describe a difficult time in your life.
8. What scares you? How do you deal with that?
9. What do you wish/hope you could change about today’s society?
10. Use one word to describe one of the best moments of your life.
11. Share a quote that holds deep meaning for you.